Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Climb

Andy knows that when he hears Miley Cyrus's song, "The Climb", I've had a rejection, I'm feeling down, I'm doubting myself, or all of the above. Lately, it has been on repeat. I'm lucky though. Not only do I have a theme song for my publishing pursuits that keep me going, I have an awesome supporting family and friends who help me along the way. They give me encouragement, re-focus me, and well, they listen to me complain. 

And then there's my Faith. I can't ignore that. I was just running on the treadmill today totally berating myself, and it was as if God slapped me on the head and said, "What are you complaining about? Things are great?" And it's true.  

And lastly, I have my characters I created. I take console in what they went through. Sure, I'm not being stalked by a shape-shifting sociopath, but like Katie, I need to stay in the moment and not get caught up in the what-ifs. And like Jenna in my book, Impact, I do have the strength and power in me this whole time. It's a matter of developing the talent. 

So even though I'm being bombarded with negativity, I  love the fact that inspiration is all around me, and I hope it is that way with you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment