Thursday, April 9, 2009

Support for Writers

I think I have an idea for my next book. This time it's going to be a non-fiction.. I came up with the idea from a comment my husband made. He said I don't listen to his advice, but I take other's writer's advice to heart even though it's the same concept. So....

For him, I'm going to write a book of things he should say when I make comments about writing. for example. 

1. Honey, I'm a fraud.
Awww Sweetie, you're talented. You have a great gift, and you don't see it because your magic surrounds you every day. I have faith in you.
2. I'm never going to get published.
That's not true, and you know it. The road to publishing is tough, but if you persevere, it will make it all worth it. (Note: there is no falling off the horse analogy. Unless tequila is involved, there's no reason to mention falling off a horse.) 
3. Why did I ever get into writing?
You got into writing because you love to write, not to get published. You have great ideas. You love it when a scene comes together. I see the pride you have in your work. You write because you love to do so. 
4. I don't know if have what it takes to make it. 
see answer 2.

I'm sure if I write this book, my husband and support systems all around the world will thank me. 

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! I read this to my husband and he laughed too! Maybe our poor spouses should form their own support group. :-)

    ReplyDelete