Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Dark Night

If you couldn't tell from my blog, I'm having a hard time deciding whether this writing thing is for me. I got another rejected query today, but it was a very nice personalized query. Thank you very much Agent X. It was a very nice thing to do. But at the same time, I have to wonder if I'm wasting my time.

But then I did something today. I broke out my novel Impact, and I'm re-reading it. It's been a couple months since I've actually read it for enjoyment, and I have to say, I'm entertained. I still love my characters. I'm still shocked that I wrote something that deep or could relate to my characters so well. (I know, I wrote it, I should be able to relate to it.)

So, maybe I don't like the writing process. I know I HATE the publishing process. (Don't get me wrong. Even though I hate it, I know it's a necessary evil. I can't imagine a better system out there to ensure only the quality books get published.) But, I love a good story, and I think that's what I can offer. Maybe that's enough to get me through this dark night.

No comments:

Post a Comment