Friday, April 10, 2009

Labor of Love

I am quite blessed in my life. I have a baby who is like the best baby around. (I know a lot of parents say that, but I have other people tell me that my baby is the best one around.) And while my baby takes 2 hour naps and watches all the Elmo DVDs she can, she lets her mommy finish her book. 

Today I finished my third book and I have to say, this is a better feeling than the first. I love the quirkiness. I love my characters, and I think it comes together well. But like all labor of loves, this is just the infancy. There's so much to come. 

And just like my little girl, I think that this must have been from God. I'm not to say that this book is so perfect it's going to make you cry, but it's amazing that I wrote this. It's amazing that I can make someone laugh out loud or cry with just words written on a page. That's what I find miraculous. And to me, if I can move my readers, that's the highest achievement I could ever obtain. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your latest book! I recently finished my second and even if it never sees the light of day just finishing a project of that magnitude is an enormous accomplishment. Most people will never do it and for that you should be proud!

    So glad you joined IRWA. We love your energy and enthusiasm!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puh-ray-zuh Gawwd!!
    ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS
    trustNjesus, dear.
    cya soon Upstairs...

    ReplyDelete