Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Potpourri

My husband made a comment to me yesterday. He wondered why I listen to the encouragement other writers give while he says the exact same thing and it means nothing. (It means something, but I don't get the whole "aha" revelation that I do with the writers.) 

I think it's because he doesn't say things point blank, spell it out, or high light it in neon letters. Or if he does say it, he says it in passing. If you could tell, I put all the blame on him when in all reality, it is probably a combo of him and me. 

I am so thankful for my fellow writers I know. They keep me sane. They encourage me, and they help critique my stories so they end up stronger. Kudos to them. 

I'm so close to finishing this book, I can taste it. But.. I'm afraid that I got side tracked by someone else's book, that I no longer want to write my own. 

I'm going to take a break from writing after this book. There will be plenty of editing, pitching, and so forth, but for now, I need a little break. (I'll probably be like my husband where the month break will turn into two weeks, and then all of a sudden I'm hit with inspiration and need to get it all down on paper.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment