Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Vent

This blog has very little to do with writing, but much to do with complaining. So let me slap on my complaining cap and get to work. We're going to be talking about what people did to annoy me. Normally, it takes a lot for me to get annoyed. But today it seemed like I was the annoying person magnet. If you were annoying, you came to see me. It's bad when you know you only see a patient for about fifteen minutes, and I'm already counting down the minutes after the first three.

Top things that annoy Aspiring Girl.
1. Don't demand an antibiotic for your daughter for allergy symptoms. Sure, your medications didn't work, but if she's not sick, if she's not feeling sick, if she denies even being around sick people, I don't think the antibiotics will work. On top of that, you used the wrong medication. You would never ask a hammer to saw through a piece of wood and then declare the hammer defective.

2. I don't know why this bugs me, but I hate it when patient's quiz me. It's not even things that they came in for. It's like little things that you would expect Dr. House to know. "I have a greenfield filter. Do you know what it is?" This may be me getting defensive. And luckily I knew, but at the same time, what's the point? Are you testing me to find out whether I'm worthy to diagnose your _____.

3. I'm in the health care industry. I've been trained to take care of the body. Don't ask me if I took a marketing class. Do I have "Family Nurse Practitioner/Marketing Extraordinaire" behind my name. I've been pretty easy going with the marketing. I've been doing the things the company asked me to do with minimal complaint, but don't condescendingly ask me if I've taken a marketing training. I feel insulted.

Writing wise. I now hit 60k words and 200 pages on my newst book. It's great because I'm almost at the end, but bad because I'm now feeling the pressure to make it as quirky and as entertaining as the beginning. And you can ask my husband, I normally choke when put on the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment