Saturday, March 21, 2009

Perspective

For the past 5 days, I have been held hostage by amazon.com. I am constantly checking every hour my latest ranking. The highest I have been is number 3, and this morning I really was feeling the strain. 

It may be because Andy's been out of town, and he is my sounding block and my rock. But really, how bad is it when I ignore my little girl tugging at my pants just to see the latest score?

I made the right choice this morning. I walked away from the computer. Put away the iPhone and played with the little girl. Sure, she did nothing but repeatedly throw a blanket over my head, but to her, it was Disney Land, and my heart soared when I heard her laughing. 

All of it gave me perspective. As great as it would be to get to the semi-finals, it' s not my life. As great as it would be to say I was in the top 100, and it would be a great achievement, I have to remember what I've accomplished so far is fantastic. The fact that I have such a great friend network is amazing, and really... I've done my part. I am networking the best I can, but the rest is in God's hands. 

I'm still neurotic about this, but I will try to put away the computer when ever the little girl wants to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment