Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Get Right

I'm stuck. I'm now writing about an emotional moment in the book, and I don't feel like I have it just right. It could be because I'm at work and sick people keep on coming up to me expecting to be seen, but I think is that the mojo isn't there.

Normally I would go on and return to it later, but I can't. It's like the thorn in my side and the pebble in my shoe. It has to be written. It demands to be perfect. I need to give this little girl justice and her moment. I want people to be so moved they cry just as I cried when I wrote it, but I'm just not feeling it now.

So, I'm wondering do I try to move on, do I try to fix it, or do I give it a day to simmer. I like the simmering idea. Maybe the stroke of genius will hit me tomorrow because it aint' here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment