Thursday, March 12, 2009

Getting through the day

Total queries sent: 18
Total Rejections: 8
Partials Requested: 2

I really debated whether I should post this topic. For one thing, I feel like it has become taboo when really it shouldn't be. Also, I don't want to offend anyone. Just because I think this way doesn't mean that you need to or that I expect you to. My husband pointed out, though, that this my spot, and what I'm going to talk about is a major reason why I don't get discouraged, and it is a big portion of who I am.

I'm going to talk about my Faith. It's amazing how fast religion has become the topic not to discuss because of the fear of oppressing other's beliefs or imposing on other's religious freedoms (or lack there of). You can't pray at school, government buildings, or sports events, which to me is ironic because that's where I think God is needed most... especially government buildings. 

But that is a different topic. Faith is important to me because it helps me get through the rejections. It gives me hope for the next book, and most of all it keeps me sane. 

My husband will tell you, I love to read romance. It's mainly because no matter how hairy or pessimistic the book becomes, I know there will be a happy ending. Every challenge the characters beat makes the victory that much sweeter. 

But that happily-ever-after isn't guaranteed for us. So is there really a light at the end of the tunnel that makes this all worthwhile or is there more bitter, discouraging darkness? With my faith, I can honestly say, "Yes. This is all worth it." 

God has a plan for me. It may not be the plan I first wanted. It may not be on the time schedule I desired, but it is there, and I truly believe it is better ending than I could have ever imagined.

So, bring the disappointments, blank pages, and cold sweats. Bring the rejections (just kidding... not really looking forward to the rejections) because each moment is one step closer to where I want to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment