Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oooo the Suspense!

You know how yesterday I was lamenting on how the ticker tape parade passed me by? Well God has some sense of humor because not more than 2 minutes after I hit "Publish Post" did I realize that I advanced in the Amazon.com Breakthrough Novel contests. So out of thousands of entries (the max as 10,000) I am currently in the top 500.

So woohoo! Throw the confetti, drink the champagne. Have a grand o' time... but now... the anxiety sets in. Not only does amazon.com have a link to my page.... it tells the download ranking.. OH NO! In the past two hours I have seen my rank fall from 32 to a whopping 39!

I may have to start on Xanax watching the ranking go up and down. I now know why so many authors take to the booze and pills. This "hobby" will eat me up, grind me flat, spit me out, and then do it all over again. All of this is worth it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment